Friday July 29, 2011 Can you name five blessings from your week? Susanne from Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday’s Fave Five each week. Click on over and see her if you’d like to join in!
If you're visiting from the MOB Boy Mom Blog Hop, why not join us? FFF is a great way to count your blessings, no matter what kind of week you've had.
Here are my favorites from this week:
1. A great campaign, a great purpose. Show Hope is an organization that provides homes for waiting children through adoption aid grants and provides medical care for orphans with special needs. Show Hope was founded by Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife, Mary Beth. A donor has promised to donate $1 for every new “like” on Show Hope’s Facebook page between now and August 10th. It’s an easy way to help a great organization. Check out Show Hope’s Facebook page here. Help them by liking them.
2. If you follow me on Facebook, you might have seen the announcement earlier this week—Aiden, my grandson, is walking! He chose his parents’ 5th anniversary to take his first steps. Look at this!
3. Seems a bit trivial in light of my other faves, but my new lights. My sweet husband remembered my offhand comment that I could use more light for reading in two places in the house. The other day he came home with two new lights for me and they’re great! (So is he, by the way…)
4. Family visit. I mentioned last week that our #3 son just landed his first teaching job and got his new apartment. He and a very special young lady are coming to see us this weekend, and we’re excited! He graduated in Kentucky and then stayed there to work and interview for jobs all summer, so we’re glad to have him home for a short visit before the school year starts.
5. A quote. I mentioned the MOB Boy Mom BlogHop earlier, and while cruising around visiting boy moms, I found a great quote in honor of the Boy Mom BlogHop week.
“A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.” (Allan Marshall Beck)
Hope you all have a great week ahead--stay cool!