Friday August 26, 2011 Can you name five blessings from your week? Susanne from Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday’s Fave Five each week. Click on over and see her if you’d like to join in!
Here are my favorites for the week:
1. Izzie. I’ve discovered this awesome fruit juice and sparkling water drink! It comes in Sparkling Clementine and Sparkling Blackberry. No sugar, nothing added. It’s great!
2. A new recipes my hubby likes. And that’s no small thing. He’s a meat and potatoes guy who’s not really into trying new things. I keep chipping away at that, though, and this week it worked! I made Balsamic Pork Scaloppini with Tomato-Buttered Noodles. His comment was, “You’re really stretching my taste buds here, but I like it!”
3. Freezer food. I did a lot of cooking this summer and, with only three of us here, I had leftovers. I did a little freezer inventory last weekend and found I had a bunch of meals for me and the hubby and a couple of lunches to take to school. It’s been really nice!
4. A little more encouragement for my novel! I’ll give you the lowdown when I can, but for now, I’d love some prayer for the project. It still could go either way, but this news was encouraging for now.
5. A quote I’m trying to make my mantra.
“There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.” (Celia Thaxter)
I’m facing the fact that summer is no more as I pitch headlong into the school year. But I’m trying to cultivate gratitude so there will be summer sunshine in my heart all year long.
As we close the door on August, I'm wishing you eternal summer, too.