Friday October 21, 2011
Can you name five blessings from your week? Susanne from Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday’s Fave Five each week. Click on over and see her if you’d like to join in!
FFF friends, I didn’t get around to see you last weekend because I was whisked off on my surprise birthday trip! I promise to stop by and say hi this weekend.
Here are my favorites for this week:
1. My birthday trip! There are some pictures and reflections here. It was a great weekend. It was so relaxing, and I felt incredibly pampered. My hubby is definitely a keeper.
2. A crazy week. This is Homecoming Week at school, which makes it crazy in some respects. In others, it’s a great week. A little less pressure than usual on one hand, kids a little hyper on the other. But it’s fun. And today we took the entire high school to the beach for our annual Beach Day. Fun, fun, fun.
3. Poetry. I do love the rhyme. We read King Lear a couple of weeks ago and Shakespeare’s wordplay is still rolling around in my head. And I finished our Madrigal Dinner script this week (which is in rhymed couplets), and that kind of poetry is play for me. Sure wish there was a market for poetry. I love reading it and writing it.
4. Anticipation. I’m off to a conference next week, and I’m so excited. I’m weighing some decisions and directions and I feel like this conference will be really helpful. Besides, I’ve been communicating with some of the ladies via email and I’m anxious to meet them face-to-face. (Another bit of anticipation -- all those birthday cards waiting for me to open tonight. Today's my day, for real.)
5. A quote. Since I talked about poetry and decisions and new directions, I can’t escape Frost’s words:
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood…
To read all of this beautiful poem, just click here. Robert Frost’s work is beautiful.
Wishing you a road diverged in a yellow wood this week!