Maybe you don't consider yourself a writer...but if you have a blog, you should! You use words to communicate; you write.
I've often considered how similar marriage and writing are. Just take a look:
1. Both take lots of patience.
2. Often, in both marriage and writing, you have to go back and edit (apologize), revise, and change your ways!
3. They both take practice, practice, practice!! (Yes, even after years.)
4. They both go better with a team. In writing, critique partners make all the difference, and there’s nothing like a marriage where both partners share the load.
5. The more you pour into both, the more blessings you receive.
6. Both require good communication. Without that in writing, no one will get your message; in marriage, we can all recount a situation that resulted from communication gone awry!
7. Both thrive on constant attention. To be a writer, you have to write, write, write. To maintain a marriage, you have to love, love, love – and love some more.
8. With both marriage and writing, you have to know your audience. (What does my husband really mean by that?)
9. Both benefit from inspiration. Nature inspires the writer and the marriage partner – especially when flowers are involved…
10. With both marriage and writing, if they’re God-given and inspired, there’s not much greater!
What would you add to the list?
Here's to happy writing and partnering,
Linking up today with Beth from Messy Marriage for Wedded Wednesday.