Friday May 10, 2013
Where is the divine written?
In more places than you may think.
My fifth favorite today, a quote, speaks to just that.
I’m linking up today with Susanne of Living to Tell the Story for Friday’s Fave Five, where we recount the week’s blessings.
Why not come along? It’s amazing what thankfulness can do.
My favorites this week:
1. Countdown. Yes, we’re counting the days down at school. Six more class meetings, then exams. It’s a wonderful thing.
2. A boy home! Yes, college boy has come home. It’s just great to have him here. He’s fun to cook for.
3. Wedding plans. As mother of the groom there’s not much responsibility, but I do love hearing about how things are moving ahead for my son and future daughter-in-law. They’ve rented their first home and are acquiring all kinds of things they’ll need. What fun!
4. Returning graduates. It’s that time of year when as kids come home from college, they stop by the old high school to catch up. It’s just great to see beloved students again.
5. A quote that rings especially true in the beautiful spring:
“God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars.” (Martin Luther)
Since our marriage, we’ve never lived in a truly rural setting, and I’d love to someday. Some of our best family memories revolve around the Grand Canyon, cabins, lakes, bungalows, canoes…such peace. If I need to get unblocked and opened up, all I have to do is spend some time in nature.
Because He is written on the trees and flowers and clouds and stars.
Wishing you some time in nature this week,
Photo credit – College boy