Friday July 1, 2011 Can you name five blessings from your week? Susanne from Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday’s Fave Five each week. Click on over and see her if you’d like to join in!
Here are my five favorites from this week.
1. Time and travel. You may have noticed that I've been on a bit of a hiatus -- and still am! But I'm checking in today while I can. If I don't get by to visit you, just know that I will be back. I'm loving time and travel right now -- time to think, to write (even in a notebook with a pencil), and time to enjoy the beauty of nature.
2. Family, family, family. Oh, spending time with them is just great. I just wish we could gather them all together this summer. Maybe for Christmas.
3. Those who love my kids. No better way to befriend me than to love my children. Why is that? I am such a mom! It's so nice to see people appreciate your children, no matter how old they are.
4. The beautiful contrast seen in Jonah 2:8-9. "Those who pay regard to vain idols forsake their hope of steadfast love. But I with the voice of thanksgiving will sacrifice to you." Vain idols on this hand...the hope of steadfast love on the other. Thanksgiving that leads to sacrifice. And if you read the rest of the verse, it ends in salvation! I wrote about this on Monday, but I'm still thinking about it.
5. I know I usually end in a quote, and to find one, you could read this post. My oldest son said so many great things in his sermon on Sunday that I tried to communicate on Monday. What a joy that day was!
Hope joy is following you here in the midst of summer.