Friday November 4, 2011
Can you name five blessings from your week? Susanne from Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday’s Fave Five each week. Click on over and see her if you’d like to join in!
FFF Friends, I was away last Friday so I missed you. Glad to be back among you. Can't wait to read what you've been up to!
1. A wonderful trip. Last week, I got to attend a conference – the Christian Communicators Conference. It was in lovely South Carolina, where the leaves are beautiful! I learned so much, met some wonderful women, and got inspired. A fun, restful, and challenging time.
2. New friends and old. New friends to inspire, old friends to confirm. What a blessing!
3. Being missed. It’s nice to hear someone say they missed you! And it’s great to have a hubby you can bounce things off of, try to get some clarity and direction.
4. Halloween pictures. Just look at this sweet little sock monkey! (That's Aiden, my grandson.)
5. November—and this quote. Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I love that. Turning my thoughts toward gratitude makes me see things more clearly. My focus changes as my thankful thoughts go heavenward. Great preparation for the Christmas season, too.
“Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.” (John Milton)
Reverence, everyday epiphanies, transcendent moments of awe? Can’t get much better than that! Wishing these for you this week.