I'm working on my attitude of gratitude. This is the month for it, you know.
In November of last year, I posted Gratitude Checkups, focusing on things I was thankful for. It's fun to go back and read what I was thankful for a year ago!
This year, I've decided to take a laser focus on my thankfulness, choosing a topic every day. (A sneak peek--tomorrow I'll be giving thanks for people who bless me. Come back by and share!)
Today's gratitude is focused on What I See. Today I'm thankful for these things I can see:
1. God's beautiful world. I got to spend about 4 days in beautiful South Carolina last week, and His handiwork was breathtaking. I do miss those fall leaves.
2. My sweet husband's face. I'm so thankful for him--for his love, his advice, his sense of humor.
3. Pictures. When loved ones aren't in reach, I can still smile at the sweet pictures I have. (Like my sock monkey grandson...)
4. Friends and colleagues. Without my teacher friends, the workday would be dismal indeed. Lunchtime, before school, after school -- I love seeing their faces.
5. Books. I love the fact that I can set my eyes on the printed page and be transported anywhere. I saw a news report the other day that brought tears to my eyes. An organization had gone into an underprivileged school and totally outfitted the library. Oh, the potential in that one room -- for learning, wonder, discovery, imagination. I do love books.
What about you? Can you name a few things you can see that you're thankful for?
Linking up with Jen at Finding Heaven Today for Soli deo Gloria, Michelle for Hear It on Sunday, Use it on Monday, and Laura for Playdates with God. Click on over and come along with us!