Tuesday November 8, 2011
1. The aforementioned people. I wrote about these people yesterday; they're the ones who help me get through each day. The ones who reach out and hug or laugh or smile with me, in person.
2. My writer friends. My Kindred Heart Writer buddies -- Clella, Jeanie, Johnnie, Karen. They're heart friends, and I only get to see them once or twice a year. We're in contact every day though. They support me, encourage me, pray for me, even push me. I'm so thankful God put us together.
3. My family. From my mom to my sister, to my sweet boys, daughter-in-law, and grandson...and on over to the other side of the family, the one I married into. They're all so great and loving and supportive and fun. If I need encouragement, I don't have far to go with this bunch.
4. The blog bunch. Yes, that's you. Daily I'm blessed (if I make time to cruise around and read your words) by your honesty, your humor, your love for family and faith. I could start naming names, but you'd be here all day.
5. Those who've gone before. Maybe it's the teacher in me, but daily I'm blessed by the words of someone who walked this path before me. First and foremost, in the words of Scripture that begin each day for me. My love for literature is no secret and the truths found there bless me over and again. I'm thankful for those who fired that love in me--teachers, my sweet dad--and whose memory blesses me each day.
What about you? Can you name a few people who bless you, that you're thankful for?