Friday April 20, 2102
Sometimes our bodies crave it, sometimes our spirits long for it.
I think of spring and see the fruits of it. Winter is the earth's rest...and just look at the fruit!
Counting this week's five top blessings today along with my friends from Friday's Fave Five. We welcome you to join us -- just click on over to Susanne's place and link up.
Here are my favorites from this week:
1. Progress. Another doctor appointment this week for my son Andrew, and more progress. After a major accident like his, progress comes hand in hand with work, and that’s what he has ahead. PT is stepping up, and I’m praying he does – that he shows determination, perseverance, and stamina. There are still unanswered questions ahead, but isn’t that life? As long as we have Him by the hand, we can keep climbing in spite of those unanswered questions.
2. Reading. Oh, I know I’ve said this so many times before – but I love to teach books I love. And to see high school kids interested in a book? That’s gold! For my regular classes, it’s Lord of the Flies. Quite a few of the boys have said with surprise in their voices, “I think I’m really gonna like this book.” And for my Honors classes, we’re beginning Crime and Punishment. It’s a challenge, but I have a few who are picking up the gauntlet and showing maturity beyond their years. Exciting!
3. The help of friends. I’ve needed a little more help than usual this week, and friends have been there. Very special ones.
4. Rotisserie chicken! Andrew loves it, and it’s such an easy meal to serve when you just pick it up from the store. I love to see my boy eat and enjoy it.
5. This quote from a class I’m taking:
“You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” (Saint Augustine)
I’m reading Confessions again and it’s such a treasure trove. I just chose this out of 12 quotes I’ve noted, and I’m only halfway through the book.
Our heart is restless until it rests in You. Take my restlessness; replace it with Your rest.
Wishing real rest for you this week,