Well, February is on its way out, and spring is right around the corner!
I’m linking up today with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for Friday’s Fave Five, where we share our five favorite blessings of the week. We’d love to have you join us!
My blessings this week:
1. A professional teaching certificate! My son Andrew got his this week—I got a text with a picture of it. It represents a lot of work during a difficult time. I’m proud of him!
2. Phone calls from my boys. They all check in, and I love it. We have some of the greatest conversations. Serious ones, funny ones, just catch-up ones. I do love to hear from them.
3. A short week. We had Monday off for Presidents’ Day, and today is a professional day. There are meetings to attend, but it’s a different day, and that’s nice.
4. A thank you note. I got the sweetest thank you from Andrew’s fiancée. It was kind of a “thanks for welcoming me into the family” note, and it said such sweet things. She’s a doll—a real keeper!
A little "extra" bonus before the quote: check out my interview today with Jenny Lee Sulpizio in her post, "Write On, Mom." Thanks, Jenny.
5. This quote. My sweet daughter-in-law posted it earlier this week on Facebook, and I nabbed it, knowing it would be great for this week’s FFF.
“Intercession is the best arbitrator of all differences, the best promoter of friendship, the best cure and preservative against all unkind tempers, all angry and haughty passions...You cannot possibly have an ill-temper or show any unkind behavior to a man for whose welfare you are so much concerned, as to be his advocate with God in private.” (William Law)
This rang true for me, even this week. When I pray for a difficult student and show just a bit of extra kindness, what a difference it makes! Have you ever experienced that?
Next Friday will be March 1. Can you believe that?
Hope you enjoy your last week of February,