Friday August 9, 2013
What’s the key to achieving great things?
Stay tuned for my fave #5 today, a quote that will clue you in.
I was all ready for Friday’s Fave Five last week, and then I realized Friday morning that our illustrious host, Susanne of Living to Tell the Story, was vacationing! I posted my five anyway, and I missed you all last week. Join us today as we recount the blessings of the week.
My favorites this week:
1. My big news. What a blessing! My new novel, Pearl, was released last week, and actually, last week’s FFF was all about it. If you want to see a little intro video (yes, I talk, too) and read about the story, click on over. And the biggest blessing is that it will help bring a little girl from India to my son and daughter-in-law’s family in Kentucky!
2. Being back with friends. Yes, it’s back to school time. This has been teacher prep week, and it’s been great to be back with my buddies.
They're precious friends.
3. Legacies. There are times being a teacher is tough, of course, but the rewards are tremendous. Today I had a 2004 graduate and a 2010 graduate in my room—two lovely and talented young ladies—and I felt like a proud mama!
4. A summer with my boy. He drives away next week for his last year of college. (I can’t believe that.) And, of course, that means we have no idea where the Lord will have him next summer after he graduates. It’s been great having him here—talking with him, cooking for him. So thankful for this summer with our boy.
5. A quote that seems especially apropos as we teachers scurry around to ready our minds and hearts and classrooms for those students:
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time.” (Leonard Bernstein)
It seems there’s always something more to do in the classroom. I have a plan and not quite enough time, so maybe great things are in the offing!
The Kindle version of Pearl will be out next week, if you’re interested.
I’ll post about it, so check back.
Wishing you great things this week,