The blessings of family time?
C.S. Lewis left timely advice for all of us during this season.
Stay tuned for my fifth favorite and discover how to find what you seek.
I’m so happy to be posting and linking up with my Friday’s Fave Five friends as we revisit the blessings of the week.
1. A great semester. You haven’t heard much from me because I’ve been steeped in books, studying my way through my first full semester toward a Ph.D. This semester has deepened my life in so many ways—intellectually, spiritually, relationally. And the carryover into my classroom has been invaluable. I’m so thankful I have the opportunity to undertake this study!
2. Family time. Thanksgiving was great, but a couple of our boys weren't with us. At Christmas we plan to have the whole family (minus one granddaughter from India—see #3) under one roof. Just cannot wait for this!
3. Anticipation. We are awaiting the unraveling of some red tape that will bring our granddaughter home to Kentucky from India. This waiting is SO hard. As soon as the proper documents come through, my son and his sweet wife will be traveling, and it can’t come soon enough. It has been a long journey and the days near the end seem so much longer. You can read (and see a sweet picture) on my daughter-in-law’s blog here.
4. A new year! This one has been great, but we’re looking ahead. Things under our roof have contracted a bit. This was the first Christmas that our card was signed with only two names, as all the boys are out on their own. Things are changing, and it’s with hope and excitement that we look ahead to a new year. Who knows what the Lord will send our way?
5. A quote, as promised. How to find what you seek this season?
“Look for Christ and you will find Him. And with Him, everything else.” (C.S. Lewis)
When He is what we seek, when we find our rest and fulfillment in Him…then, we can rest.
Praying Christmas rest for you this week,