Friday August 12, 2011 Can you name five blessings from your week? Susanne from Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday’s Fave Five each week. Click on over and see her if you’d like to join in!
Here are my favorites from this week:
1. A job. It’s no small thing these days to have a job and be thankful for it. And I am. I do love teaching, I love teenagers, and I love my colleagues. It’s been hard to leave lazy mornings and my writing and reading time, but I’m thankful I have a job that I love to return to. My classroom is almost ready and kids come on Monday!
2. Time with my husband. Actually, this week it was time without him that made me realize I was missing one of my favorites! He worked 3 evenings in a row and I was at school during the day. It was so great having him at the dinner table and on the couch with me on Thursday.
3. New stuff / changes. I’ll be teaching a new curriculum in one of my classes this year, and that means gearing up for a couple of new works—reading, studying, and planning. New stuff to discover!
4. First weeks / last weeks. My teacher son has enjoyed his first days in his own classroom this week, and hearing reports from him has been so much fun. And last weeks? Well, my youngest will be returning to college soon, so we’re enjoying his last weeks with us.
5. This quote on friendship:
“The most beautiful discovery that true friends can make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” (Elizabeth Foley)
Do you have one of those friends that you rarely see…but when you do, it’s like you’ve been together forever? I’ve renewed one of those friendships this week as a friend has returned to teaching after several years off. And I heard from my college roommate who I see once a year if I’m lucky, and it’s the same. Just like we spent all day yesterday together. We pick up right where we left off. What a blessing!
Hope your week ahead is filled with newness and friends!