Friday September 16, 2011
Can you name five blessings from your week? Susanne from Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday’s Fave Five each week. Click on over and see her if you’d like to join in!
Here are my favorites from this week:
1. Learning. I start my week in class, every Monday evening. And I’m really enjoying it! I think I’m a lifelong student…
2. Little potatoes. I found these little potatoes and a new recipe, Parmesan Potatoes. My husband loves them, and so do I.
3. A new (to me) author. I’m reading The House at Riverton by Kate Morton, and I love Morton’s writing. The story is fascinating, too.
4. Cooler (?) temperature (?). There’s a reason for those double question marks—I’m not sure it’s really cooler. They say the lower humidity makes it feel cooler. All I can say is, it’s nice. It feels much better, and I sure hope it lasts. Those temperatures, plus my apple cinnamon candle in the classroom, make me anticipate fall!
5. A quote. “Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones.” (Phillips Brooks)
Little things mean a lot. They add up to a lifetime of character. What we moms do and encourage and reinforce makes a difference.
Hope this finds you enjoying cooler temperatures, too. Have a great week ahead!