It's been quite a week for our family, but His blessings have shone through. If you'll read below, a couple of earlier blog posts tell you a bit about our son's car accident. But even in the midst of a challenging and sometimes scary week, favorites shine through.
Susanne from Living to Tell the Story hosts Friday’s Fave Five each week. Click on over to get the details and join us.
Here are only five of many blessings I found in this week:
1. God’s protection. If you saw a picture of my son’s car, you’d know exactly what I mean.
2. God’s provision. In everything from places to stay, food, gift cards for expenses, and loaner cars, He has provided amazingly.
3. God’s people. At times like these, they seem to come out of the woodwork. We’re so thankful for all the support we’ve received from all over the place.
4. Successful surgeries. My son has had two and he’s ready to begin the healing. We’re praying for quick and complete healing and lots of patience for a long road of PT.
5. A lovely quote. Yes, this one is quite different. And there’s a story behind it. When we arrived at the hospital, our son was in surgery. After what seemed an interminable wait, we got to see him. He was intubated and couldn’t speak until the next morning when they took the tube out. That’s when I heard the quote that meant the world:
“I love you, Mom.”
We’d so appreciate continued prayers for Andrew’s healing and road back. We’re so thankful for him and can’t wait to help him down that road.