Friday September 21, 2012
I’m hearing hints of fall on blogs and Facebook, even though we’re not seeing it in South Florida. It’ll be a while for us. I do miss a Midwestern fall… (I just had to post a picture of lovely leaves to remind myself.)
I’m linking up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story to recount this week’s blessings. Why don’t you join us?
My favorites this week:
1. A fun week. Upcoming, that is. Yes, it’s Homecoming at our school next week, and it’ll be crazy but fun. Dress Up days, Spirit Night, pep rally. It’ll be a challenge to keep them focused on classwork, but it’s still a fun week.
2. Writing. Oh, I’m not doing as much as I want to right now…but I’m working on creating the script for our annual Madrigal Dinner. It’s fun and funny and the kids are so excited about it, too.
3. Classes. I think I said last week that the classes I’m taking are great, and I just have to say it again!
4. Some upcoming surprises. My hubby is planning something again this fall…and I’m hoping to get clues. I do think it involves some travel. Love those surprises.
5. A quote: “We must bless without wanting to manipulate. Without insisting that everything be straightened out right now. Without insisting that our truth be known. This means simply turning whoever it is we need to bless over to God, knowing that God’s powerful love will do what our own feeble love or lack of it won’t.” (Madeleine L’Engle)
Oh, this is hard…but so, so true. And I’m working on letting His powerful love take over.
Wishing you powerful love this week,