Friday October 5, 2012
As you can see, I’m linking up with the 31 days blogs during October, and I’m writing on rest—a much needed topic for me. (One of my friends pointed out that writing blog posts on rest sounded like work to her…but I figure it will be good discipline and a learning experience for me!)
So, today I’m combining my thoughts on rest with my usual Friday’s Fave Five post, where we name our blessings for the past week. You can visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story to link up with us.
Here are this week’s favorites:
1. Thoughts on thanks and rest. When I’m in an attitude of thankfulness, it’s easy to find myself at rest. When we’re thankful, we’re not striving; we’re grateful for what we have. It may sound redundant, but I’m thankful to be thankful!
2. A nice review! Annette from This Simple Home (one of our FFF friends), reviewed my book, I’m Outnumbered, on her blog this week. I so appreciate her kind words and support, and it blesses me to know the book spoke to her. Thanks again, Annette!
3. A visit. My son Andrew and a special young lady are coming to visit. We’re so excited to see them. Their visit will make the upcoming week very special. Love having the house fuller, even if just for a short while.
4. A trip. My sweet husband has planned a surprise October trip again this year. I love that he does this all on his own! Looking forward to getting away and having some relaxing time alone together.
5. A thankful quote that can put you at rest:
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” (Epicurus)
When I think about it, that’s really true. What I have now—my husband, boys, family, job, friends—were things I hoped for years ago. What a blessing! I can rest in that.
Wishing you rest this coming week,