Friday June 14, 2013
This post is entitled Summer Love for several reasons.
First, I do love summer.
And second, this summer is all about love because there’s a wedding in the air!
Stay tuned for my fave #5. Even today’s quote reflects summer love.
I’m linking up today with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for Friday’s Fave Five. Come along with us as we share this week’s blessings.
My favorites this week:
1. Too many to mention. Have you ever had just too many to pick out five? I have a feeling next time I post, that will be the case, too. I missed last week because I was at a writer’s conference, and it was just great. I got to see friends, renew acquaintances, and meet some great people. And I came back with tons of ideas. Lots of blessings from that trip.
2. The much-sought-after dress. Yes, the mother of the groom has found a dress. I posted it on Facebook like this:
“The fat lady has sung, Elvis has left the building, and the mother of the groom has found a dress.”
What a challenge! But I’m so happy with the one I’ve found and my husband thinks it’s great.
3. Family all together. Members of both sides of the family will be at the big event, and we’re so looking forward to seeing cousins and friends and getting brothers together again.
4. The rehearsal dinner video. This is a tradition, begun with the first son to get married. As parents of the groom you don’t do much, so the rehearsal dinner is kind of “your time.” We have taken hours of video of our boys over the years, and we felt it was only fitting to edit that and enjoy it at the rehearsal dinner. The first son loved it, and we’re doing it again for this one. Lots of culling through and editing equals lots of laughs and “aww”s and even a few tears, especially as we revisit this son’s last eighteen months. But all the more reason for joy, and we’re going to have plenty of that.
5. A quote. It’s actually a Facebook status from the son who’s getting married. I shared it on my page and prefaced it with “Rejoice with us!”
“No more wheelchairs, no more walkers, no more canes, and no more leg braces! In 10 days, I will walk down the aisle unassisted to marry the girl of my dreams. Praise be to God!” (my son, Andrew)
So, rejoice with us.
I’ll be reporting back in sometime, but it may be a while.
We’re off to enjoy some summer love!